Find the latest smart health home offers at Amazon and save!
What you will learn
- Samsung’s language assistant Bixby is supposed to learn new things every day
- Navigate your smartphone settings using Bixby voice commands
- Install, start and operate apps with Bixby voice commands
- Manage appointments, messages and contacts faster thanks to Bixby
- Select music and listen to songs using Bixby voice commands
- Take, search, and edit photos with Bixby voice commands
- In addition to German, Bixby also speaks Italian and Mandarin
- These services are compatible with Bixby
- Further tests and advice on voice control in the smart health home
Samsung’s language assistant Bixby is supposed to learn new things every day
All Samsung smartphones with Android 9 Pie, such as B. Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and Note 8, Galaxy S9 and S9 +, Galaxy S8 and S8 +, will gradually receive the German Bixby version via an update from the manufacturer. On the other hand, the voice assistant is already preinstalled on smartphones of the new Galaxy S10 series.
Users can use the smart voice assistant from Samsung by pressing the Bixby button at the bottom left next to the volume control or by swiping from left to right. Alternatively, the “Voice Wakeup” function can also be selected in the “Settings” to enable the assistant to be activated with the “Hi Bixby” voice command. The voice assistant can also be used when you don’t feel like taking your smartphone out of your pocket.
Bixby can be used in a wide variety of ways: The smart assistant manages appointments, searches for information online or switches on your own favorite music when you call it. In addition, Bixby is constantly learning, e.g. B. notices frequently ordered dishes at the delivery service and suggests similar dishes on the basis of this. In the future, Samsung’s voice assistant will also be able to remotely control the manufacturer’s smart household appliances.
Endless long click paths to carry out individual tasks are no longer necessary, because all Samsung smartphones (for example from the Galaxy range) should be gradually updated and soon be voice-controlled. The navigation via Bixby voice command then works as follows:
- “Hi Bixby, show me the health home screen.”
- “Hi Bixby, scroll down.”
- “Hi Bixby, scroll up.”
- “Hi Bixby, swipe right.”
- “Hi Bixby, swipe left.”
- “Hi Bixby, turn down the page.”
- “Hi, Bixby, back.”
- “Hi Bixby, activate the energy saving mode.”
In addition, Bixby can even place voice commands in a context, which means that the wake-up word “Hi Bixby” does not always have to be used when several consecutive voice commands are used.
Install, start and operate apps with Bixby voice commands
If you have installed many applications, you may look for the associated start icon in the app list for a long time. With Bixby, not only the app control, but also downloads and many other navigation functions should be feasible with just a few voice commands in the future. For example with the following Bixby voice commands:
- “Hi Bixby, open the Play Store and install the […] App. “
- “Hi Bixby, open [App-Name] in the split-screen view. “
- “Hi Bixby, show my last apps.”
- “Hi Bixby, close [App-Name]. “
- “Hi Bixby, close all current apps.”
- “Hi Bixby, open this app as a pop-up.”
Manage appointments, messages and contacts faster thanks to Bixby
New appointments can be easily created by pressing the Bixby button and asking Bixby to create an appointment. In the German Bixby language version, the appropriate voice command could be, for example: “Hi Bixby, create an appointment for 5:00 pm today.” Then Bixby asks for a suitable title and asks to save the data entered.
Other practical voice commands for managing appointments and contacts:
- “Hi Bixby, please call […] at.”
- “Hi Bixby, write a message to […]”
- “Hi Bixby, read my unread messages.”
- “Hi Bixby, remind me tomorrow […] to call. “
Select music and listen to songs using Bixby voice commands
Especially when you are out and about, it can be very annoying to look for your smartphone in your pocket or backpack to turn music on or off, select songs or vary the volume. It’s good that Bixby can also control music with the following voice commands.
- “Hi Bixby, play my music.”
- “Hi Bixby, stop the music.”
- “Hi Bixby, play the next song.”
- “Hi Bixby, start this song over […]. “
- “Hi Bixby, what’s the name of this song?”
- “Hi Bixby, what song is that?”
- “Hi Bixby, set the sleep timer for […] Minutes. “
- “Hi Bixby, show new releases.”
- “Hi Bixby, play [Künstler/ Genre / Radiosender] in [… z.B. Pandora]. “
Take, search, and edit photos with Bixby voice commands
Capturing beautiful moments for eternity is always a good idea, Samsung’s Galaxy smartphones are known for their good looks and, thanks to voice commands, are also particularly easy to use, so that the photographer can concentrate fully on the choice of subject.
- “Hi Bixby, change the camera mode to […]. “
- “Hi Bixby, take a picture.”
- “Hi Bixby, take a selfie.”
- “Hi Bixby, set the timer for the rear camera […] Seconds. “
In addition to German, Bixby also speaks Italian and Mandarin
According to Samsung, Bixby understands voice commands in the following languages:
- English (UK) / English (US)
- Korean (South Korea)
- Mandarin Chinese
However, the language assistant only understands accents and dialects for the individual languages and is therefore not suitable for all groups of people of the nationalities mentioned. Regardless of this, Samsung has announced that it is already working on additional national languages to make Bixby available to even more people.
These services are compatible with Bixby
- Smartphones: Galaxy S10 / S10 + / S10e, Note9 / S9 / S9 +, Note8 / S8 / S8
- Samsung Music
- Samsung Health
- And much more
Further tests and advice on voice control in the smart health home
The 5 most popular voice assistants at a glance
Bixby 2.0: How Samsung’s voice assistant Alexa stands out
Alexa: The funniest Alexa jokes, sayings, questions and commands
More trends and smart health home news
AB SMART HEALTH health home & BUILDING REVIEW