Snapdragon Wear 4100 watches faster better autonomy, the characteristics of this third generation of Qualcomm processor.
TicWatch Pro 3 GPS Smart Watch Men's Wear OS Watch Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 4100 Platform Health Fitness Monitoring 3-45 Days...
5 used from $273.23
- Innovative Technology Ensures Longer Battery Life - Dual-layer Display 2.0 supports Smart Mode and Enhanced Essential Mode, enables up to 3 days of battery life in Smart Mode, and up to 45 days in enhanced Essential Mode.
- Updated Chipset, Better Experience - The 1st wear OS by Google smartwatch with the Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 4100 Platform and Mobvoi dual processor system. 1G RAM and 8G ROM enable smoother performance and more precise interactions.
Wear 4100 watches faster better battery life
Qualcomm has just announced the successor to its Wear 3100 processor launched in 2018 (itself following Wear 2100 from 2016). So here is the Snapdragon Wear 4100 primarily aimed at Android mobile devices with Google’s Wear Os.
The new Soc announces a better calculation speed, but above all it should significantly increase the autonomy of Wear Os watches.
The first smartwatche with Wear 4100
The Snapdragon Wear 4100 will naturally equip the next smart health connected watches using the Wear Os operating system. This is the version dedicated to Google Android smartphones. Note that most Wear Os watches can now work with an iOS (Apple) phone.
For now, two watches from Chinese manufacturers are announced with this new SoC 4100.
TicWatch Pro 3 of Mobvoi
With its masculine look with a round dial. The Chinese brand to which we already owe the excellent TicWatch Pro, but which was on the penultimate generation of Wear Os 2100. This new model will have a 4G connection (with an autonomy of one day). The release is expected by the end of 2020.
Z6 Ultimate Xiaotiancai BBK
It’s about a watch phone camera which will be marketed mid-July 2020 atWith its very particular geek gadget look that targets children. A solution to have a portable, robust all-in-one device.
An unknown brand in France which belongs to the group BBK Electronics (Vivo, Realme, Oppo) which has already produced the Z3, a 4G smart health connected version intended for children.
Considering the massive performance improvement and increased battery life, we hope to see new devices with Qualcomm’s new SoC soon.
Starting with the American specialist Fossil who makes many watches under Wear Os for other brands (Marc Jacobs, Diesel, Emporio Armani, Kate Spade New York, Tory Burch, Skagen, Michael Kors or Misfit).
> Consult the 2020 comparison of watches under Wear Os
The advantages of Wear 4100
The most interesting parameter is therefore the improvement of the autonomy increased by 25%. This thanks to a finer engraving and all the technological developments. But, honestly, the current autonomy of 1 to 2 days of watches under Wear Os is not revolutionized. We could therefore have smart health connected watches under Wear Os with 3 days of normal use.
- Overall battery life improved by 25% for mixed use.
- A gain of 22% for the use of GPS.
- 42% decrease in consumption for reading notifications.
Features of the Snapdragon Wear 4100
The Wear 4100 processor announces marked increases in characteristics compared to the 3100 and should therefore significantly improve performance.
- A53 quad-core processor engraved in 12 nm (28 nm for the previous iteration)
- clocked at 1.7 GHz (previously 1.1 GHz)
- 85% faster than the Snapdragon 3100,
- Up to twice the speed of Adreno A504 GPU.
Overall performance improvement Comparison between wear 4100 and wear 3100 processors
These overall performance improvements help speed up application launches, increase screen navigation speed, and provide more detailed graphics.
The high-end Wear 4100 + processor
The main difference between the standard version and the “plus” version of the Wear 4100 is the addition of a AON coprocessor (always-on) improved, which has its own partitioned memory and its own performance, similar in design to QCC1110 which debuted on the 3100, but with some subtle modifications.
This translates into an ever richer user experience, with support for a wider color gamut when using always-on watch faces, as well as constant heart rate monitoring and counting. no more efficient. Sleep tracking is now really viable on Snapdragon Wear hardware.
While the Montblanc Summit 2+ equipped with the Wear 3100 system was the first Wear Os watch to allow easy setup and 4G connectivity, the experience will be even more seamless and less power-hungry with the snapdragon 4100.
Battery usage gain
Comparison between wear 4100 and wear 3100 processors
This version, which will certainly increase the price of smartwatches, makes it possible to add to the basic version:
- Screen that stays on permanently, but energy efficient (the 3100 was already fitted with it),
- Display in 64,000 colors, against 16 for the Wear 3100 chip, with better management of brightness and the touch screen,
- Kerning numbers,
- Lighten the CPU of functions like heart rate monitoring (cHRM, including sleep analysis), step count, alarms, or vibration (or haptic feedback).
- 16 megapixel cameras are supported,
- Lower power 4G LTE modem is available.
AB SMART HEALTH REVIEW