Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 price date notice of the fourth Korean smartwatch that further improves health and sports monitoring.
What you will learn
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 review further improves its smart health connected watch
- Samsung Galaxy Watch (42mm) Rose Gold (Bluetooth) (Renewed)
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 review further improves its smart health connected watch
Price: $ 349 Wifi – $ 479 4G version (estimates) | Samsung (South Korea)
The first images of the Galaxy Watch 3 are there, the opportunity to take stock of the innovations integrated into this fourth smart health connected watch of the Korean brand. The name is explained to facilitate understanding of the range and avoid problems between the first generation Watch and the 2 versions of the Active.
This announcement is also an opportunity to discover the new Tizen OS interface. The following information is to be confirmed during the official launch expected before the start of the 2020 academic year.
Design Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
The model takes the asserted style of the first Galaxy Watch and takes the physical rotating bezel which gives it an analog watch look. The small detail that changes is the cylindrical shape of the two crowns placed on the right. Practical for right-handers or for those who wear their watch on their left wrist.
- 41 mm case (Wifi) and 45 mm (eSIM 4G / LTE)
- Super AMOLED touch screen respectively of 1.2 and 1.4 inch
- Waterproof IP 68 5 ATM (pool or sea, but not scuba diving).
- 20 mm strap for the 41 mm case and 22 mm for the 45 mm case (compatible with all the straps of the original Samsung Watch).
I also think that a Titanium version will be proposed to have a high-end version with a sapphire crystal.
You can freely change the background of your dial to personalize according to your tastes or your outfit.
Compatible Galaxy Watch 3 smartphones
The watch and apps are compatible with smartphones
- Google Pixel,
- Android 5.0+ (with at least 1.5 GB of RAM),
- iPhone Apple 5+ running iOS 9.0+
To work with your phone you need to install the Samsung Galaxy Wearable App (Android) or Samsung Galaxy Watch (iOS).
Specifications Galaxy Watch 3
- Touch dial with a 360 x 360 resolution.
- New version of the health home operating system Tizen. This interface is centered on the brand’s smartphone to simplify the user experience.
- 1.5 to 2 GB increases for RAM and 4 to 8 GB increases for internal storage, good news for Spotify offline syncs.
- ECG sensor for heart rate monitoring and some blood pressure
- Fall detector
- Integrated GPS (A-GPS, GLONASS and Beidou)
- Chip NFC for Samsung Pay
- Improvement of the battery which goes from 247mAh to 340mAh.
From the Samsung Galaxy Watch app (Gear S), you can change the display of data, select your favorite apps, or change the background of your watch face. Here is my selection of essential apps:
- Health monitoring with Samsung Health
- ECG for monitoring your heart rate also allowing stress management with breathing exercises.
- Improved sleep tracking. When you sleep, if you wear your watch, it analyzes your different sleep phases in order to establish a balance of your night.
- Alarm, calendar, reminder, email, message.
- Daily activity tracking (number of steps, number of floors, number of calories, HR).
- Sports monitoring of 39 different activities.
- Train with apps like MyFitnessPal, MapMyRun or the popular Strava.
- Consult the Weather forecast
- Music player (Spotify or others), with the possibility oflisten to music without your smartphone with the LTE version.
- You can even travel around the world with confidence, as the Watch 3 supports real-time translation of voice and text in more than 16 languages (German, English, Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Korean, Spanish, Finnish, French, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Russian, Vietnamese).
Health monitoring with heart rate
Basic health monitoring is compatible with the Samsung Health health home app (do not take Samsung Fit).
The big news is actually the integration of an ECG sensor for monitoring your cardiac frequency.
The Watch 3 also offers Atrial fibrillation risk notifications by monitoring heart rhythms in the background.
Thus Samsung is approaching the characteristics of the Apple Watch 4. Indeed, there is also a fall sensor. This means that the watch can detect a sudden fall, trigger an alert and even automatically contact the emergency services or the people you have selected in the application.
Battery life and charge of the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
A power battery suitable for the 2 models:
- LTE-4 G connection to a 340 mA battery.
- While the Wi-Fi version which is less energy consuming has a 237mAh battery.
In both cases more power (230mAh battery on the Galaxy Watch Active), but also a watch that will consume more with the addition of health sensors. Theminimum autonomy of one day is in the category standard.
But, what makes the difference is, in addition to the classic recharging, thatit can be charged directly on the back of your Galaxy S smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 price and release date
The new smart health connected watch is expected for August 2020 at the same time as the launch of the Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. Versions that should take advantage of the enormous performance of the S20 ultra (Snapdragon 865, 12 GB of RAM, 128 GB of storage + micro SD card, 4 cameras, one of which is 108 MP).
For me the prices, depending on the versions should start around 349 $ (Wifi 41 mm), passing by 479 $ (4G in 45 mm) and reach 659 $ for the special titanium model.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 review
AB SMART HEALTH REVIEW
- Live a stronger, smarter life with Galaxy Watch at your wrist Rest well and stay active with built-in health tracking and a Bluetooth connection that keeps everything at your wrist Plus, go for days without charging
- Go nonstop for days on a single charge. The wireless charger lets you power up without slowing down. (Average expected performance based on typical use. Results may vary.)
- Available in two sizes and three colors, the Galaxy Watch offers stylish watch faces so realistic they hardly look digital. Plus, choose from a collection of interchangeable bands