People who spend a lot of time on their feet or vice versa do not move a lot, it is enough just to periodically massage the lower limbs. Due to the low activity, blood stagnation occurs, which leads to many diseases over time. A foot or leg massage performed in a salon or at home will bring many benefits. A properly executed procedure will relax the muscles, relieve discomfort after a hard day’s work, and prevent the development of many diseases.But how to find the best leg and foot massagers?Bellow are our advice.
What you will learn
The 7 best leg and foot massagers in US
Cloud Massage Shiatsu Foot Massager Machine
4 used from $274.25
- PAIN RELIEF AND SELF-CARE: This foot, ankle and leg massager uses a deep kneading Shiatsu technique to improve blood flow, reduce inflammation, stimulate muscle recovery, provide pain relief, or offer pure and thorough relaxation after a long day
- COMPLETE MASSAGE OF FEET, ANKLES, AND CALVES: Other massagers on the market only provide a basic foot massage, but with an adjustable base our massage machine can be positioned with amazing comfort to work the muscles of your feet, ankles, or calves!
Foot Massager Machine Shiatsu Foot and Calf/Leg Massager with Heat Deep Kneading Therapy
- MULTIPURPOSE SHIATSU FOOT MASSAGER MACHINE - TERELAX electric foot calf massager can provide a deep kneading shiatsu massage for feet, calves, legs, sole, toes, ankles and arms at the optimum comfortable angle thanks to the 360-degree rotating easy adjustable support bar. You can use it while watching TV, reading, working at the office, or just relaxing at home.
- MASSAGE THE FEET, RELAX THE WHOLE BODY - TERELAX calf foot massager machine is equipped with unique soft silicone rubber simulated palm, rotation ball, rolling stick, heating offers a deep kneading shiatsu foot massage, can greatly relieve foot stiffness, tired muscles or pain from plantar fasciitis, neuropathy, improve blood flow and promote better sleep.
SUPER DEAL Electric Foot Calf Leg Massager Shiatsu Kneading Rolling Massager
- Emulates the techniques used by chiropractors and massage therapists
- Ergonomically designed to replicate ancient massage and reflexology therapies
- Ergonomically designed to target the sensitive areas of the calves and soles of feet
- Multifunctional features including shiatsu, kneading, and rolling
- Warm Notice: It maybe unconformable when diameter of you calf over 4inches, Fit for Maximum foot length:10.8in. Please consider it before purchasing. If you have any product/using issue, feel free to contact selller for best solution
Human Touch Reflex5s Foot and Calf Massager
3 used from $165.60
- REFLEXOLOGY MASSAGER - Delivers a powerful reflexology massage that brings the body back into its natural state to help promote the body's natural healing. It works by forcing blood back towards the heart for improved circulation.
- TARGETED RELIEF - Offers improved circulation, quick recovery for stressed feet, and rejuvenated muscles after long periods of standing. Delivers deeply-penetrating foot massage for optimized relaxation, resulting in instant pain relief.
Human Touch Reflex SOL Foot and Calf Massager Machine with Heat
3 used from $282.38
- Massage the feet and calves, relax the whole body. Our patented CirQulation Figure-Eight Technology, with heat, circulates blood flow in your foot and calf, offering a deep kneading Shiatsu foot massage, and deeply-penetrating vibrating relief, bringing your body back into its natural equilibrium which promotes the body's natural healing power.
- A professional foot massage - The ergonomic design provides a comprehensive and comfortable Foot massage. Recommended to start from a low intensity level low and stop using it if you feel uncomfortable.
Shiatsu Heated Foot and Calf Massager Machine
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: We have created this foot and calf massager with a user-friendly design. Our leg massager comes with a removable and washable cover that allows for cleaning and to maintain good cleanliness. It is painted with high-quality piano paint and features a humanized handle design, making it easy to move from one place to another.
- MULTIPLE MASSAGE FUNCTIONS: Our shiatsu massager is specifically designed to massage your calves, ankles, soles, and feet at the same time. This foot massager offers multiple massages like plantar scraping, instep kneading, calf kneading, and calf scraping.
Naipo Foot and Calf Massager Foldable Machine Shiatsu Rolling Tapping
- 【Two-in-one Foot Massager】This machine is not only a foot massager but also a foot and calf massager, easy to manipulate with 2 correspondingly activated touch panels. The unique calf massage can help you alleviate leg discomfort caused by standing or sitting for a long time, exercise and work, relieve stress and relax the calf.
- 【Multifunctional Foot Calf Massage】 Shiatsu kneading rolling massage on forefeet and soles, air compression with heat therapy surrounding the feet, tapping on the heels, all of these functions are combined together to provide you an immersive relaxing and professional foot massage. The kneading massage balls are electric, and you don't need to move your feet to enjoy the massage.
The 7 best leg and foot massagers in Canada
Human Touch Reflex Swing Pro Leg Massager – for Leg and Foot
- Adjustable swing arm; Cord measures 78" L
- Two vibration speeds & patented warm air technology
- Under-foot massage rollers
- Figure-eight and circulation technologies
- Removable and washable easy sleeves
Arealer Foot Massager Machine with Heat
- 👣 【Shiatsu + Air Compression】: Compared with traditional massagers, Arealer Shiatsu Massager is improved on product’s function. The method of shiatsu massage can stimulate the acupuncture points on the soles of the feet for comfort. The extrusion of the balloon promotes blood...
RENPHO Foot and Calf Wrap for Relaxation with 5 Modes
- Still suffer from muscle tension? Why not get a foot and calf wrap in your own home from Renpho Foot Calf wrap? this Calf wrap is designed to relax your feet and calves from down to up. It helps relax muscle fatigue
- 5 Modes and 4 Intensity: 5 modes and 4 intensities are...
RENPHO Foot Massage for Relaxation, Calf Feet Thigh Relaxation
- 6 Modes and 4 Intensities: Use the portable handheld controller to easily change modes and intensity. You will surely find the right combination of mode and intensity for your preference
- Adjustable to fit any size: Change sizes easily using the Velcro straps. Fits any size feet,...
Belmint Shiatsu Foot Massager Machine
- Deep-kneading massage: our massager is a powerful deep-kneading shiatsu massager with rotating nodes designed to work like a therapist
- Powerful & unique: this is a strong foot massager & air compression, air pressure max at 50 kPa which is 20% stronger than other...
QUINEAR Shiatsu Foot Massager with Heat and Deep Kneading Massage
- IMPROVE BLOOD CIRCULATION AND RELIEVE TIREDNESS-The QUINEAR Foot Massager Has Two Kneading Speeds, Two Heat Levels, Two Auto Modes Optional.Suitable For Different People To Use. Whoever You Are Standing All Day, Sitting In Front Of The Computer Or Poor Blood Circulation, You Can Use This...
RENPHO Foot Massager Machine with Heat
- Massage the feet, relax the whole body. Renpho foot massager machine, equipped with rotation ball, rolling stick, heating, offers a deep kneading Shiatsu foot massage. Note this item is not for foot bath use. No remote control. Not for people who are highly sensitive to squeeze and...
What is leg and foot massage?
The mechanical action on the tissues of the lower limbs is an excellent prevention of flat feet and longitudinal or transverse varicose veins. Especially useful for one person is foot massage. Chinese masters have long advanced in mastering massage techniques. Since ancient times, the procedure has been performed to save a person from insomnia. Massage movements on the legs contribute to the overall relaxation of the body. After massaging the lower limbs, nervousness disappears, sleep stabilizes.
The modern technique of foot massage is the effect on the muscles of the knee, hip, ankle joint, as well as the feet and fingers. It is not necessary to contact the salon professionals. To get rid of the heaviness in the legs, you can ask for a loved one’s feet or other parts of the lower limbs to be massaged, or a foot massage yourself. This unique action heals the whole body.
The main benefit of lower limb massage is its stimulating effect on the whole body. This effect is achieved by the fact that the legs and feet have the greatest number of important reflex points, each of which is responsible for the work of a particular organ. For example, several nerve endings responsible for the condition of the spine are located on the arch of the foot. By stimulating them, you can get rid of back pain. Toe massage has a positive effect on the gums, teeth, eyes, heart, ears and sinuses.
Doctors advise to regularly practice a variety of massage techniques for the legs, and in particular for the feet, to restore the functions of the digestive tract, with nausea, arrhythmias, and for the prevention of acute respiratory infections. In addition, lower limb massage helps:
musculoskeletal system problems;
diseases of the reproductive system;
No matter how useful the massage procedure is, it also has contraindications. Little absolute – the acute stage of any disease and fungus on the legs. The remaining contraindications are relative, that is, they require consultation with a doctor and a cautious approach:
oncology of any etiology;
pathology of the small joints of the foot;
If you decide on a massage yourself under these conditions, serious health complications can occur. During pregnancy, during the stimulating effect on the feet, relaxation of the uterine muscles occurs, with the risk of premature labor (miscarriage). Some malignant tumors can also be activated when massaging the corresponding reflex points.
How to do a leg massage
To start with, you need to put a pillow under the knee or a rolled up towel so that you don’t feel pain when exposed to the muscles. In order for the procedure to take place in a comfortable environment, it is necessary to maintain a normal temperature in the room, and so that the second leg does not freeze, cover it with a sheet of terry cloth. The procedure can be performed at any time, for example, before a pedicure or sleep. It is recommended to massage with a cream, special lotion or massage oil.
Massaged lies on the stomach, a roller is placed under the knees. With a straight palm, the masseur makes slight movements from the ankle to the knee. Afterwards, it should be massaged with increased pressure. For 3 minutes, the masseur alternates between rubbing and caressing. Then the kneading begins, which affects the nerve endings. In the end, the process is replaced by petting again, it takes an average of five minutes.
Massage movements are performed from the ankles to the hyoid fold, including the popliteal region. The procedure is used to restore the body after arthritis, osteoarthritis, flat feet, gout or injuries to the legs, spine. The doctor should direct the procedure and it should be performed exclusively by a professional. First you need to know how much a foot massage costs and whether they make a treatment option in the chosen salon, because even in Moscow you cannot find a good specialist everywhere.
To perform a relaxing massage, you don’t have to be a professional. To do this on your own, you must first warm up your legs. This is done by stroking movements using massage oil. Then you need to grab the heel with both hands and rotate the ankle. Do the same with the knee joint. Then you can go to the sole and toes. Within 10-15 minutes, they should knead, squeeze and stroke in random order.
This massage technique is performed by a professional (manual therapist). By massaging certain areas on the feet, it is easy to tidy up the nerves, strengthen the immune system, improve the body. The specialist emphasizes certain active points which are responsible for the work of a particular body. The pressing force, in this case, should change from strong to weak and vice versa. Acupressure is very similar to acupuncture and modern Thai, but was discovered three thousand years ago by ancient Chinese scientists.
Foot massage at home
In order not to pay a high price for the procedure to professionals, you need to learn how to massage the lower extremities yourself. The self-massage should begin by warming the hands. To do this, intensely rub each other’s palms. Leg movements should be smooth, starting from the calf muscle down to the knee, then moving towards the pelvis. To warm the hips from the inside, the intensity of movement should be reduced, and on the outside surface increased, but in moderation. The rule must be observed: the hands only slide on the leg in the opposite direction.
After warming up the foot, you should catch it with your hands and stretch it several times between your palms, moving towards the heel from your fingers. Then you need to stretch the outer edge of the foot. This is done by pressing on the elbow or the edge of a bent fist and tapping the heel with your fingers. After fixing the massaged leg, you need to gently twist the heel in different directions with your hand. Ultimately, it is necessary to stretch the muscles around the lower joints of the fingers in a circular motion.
Movements are made from the calf to the popliteal cavity. The kneading should begin with the caresses, slowly transforming into rectilinear rubbing, intense tingling and rotation with the palms of the hands. Manipulations should be moderately vigorous so as not to damage the calf muscles. The massage is performed with the central part of the closed fingers, the lower part of the palms and fists. The number of repetitions for a drumstick is up to 7 times. After stretching the calf muscle or damaging the ligaments, the massage should be performed with minimal intensity without movement to tear.
The procedure is particularly popular with women who regularly wear high-heeled shoes. In order that over time, the base of the thumb joint does not become deformed, such massage sessions should be performed periodically. During the procedure, the pads are first kneaded, then each phalanx moves gently. The masseur in turn moves first along, then against the path of the clock. For an additional load, you can apply an extension-flexion of the toes.
The procedure consists of two steps: studying the front and back of the thigh. The order is arbitrary. Movements include stroking, kneading, rubbing, gently squeezing with two hands. These methods easily remove cellulite, lymphatic drainage of the skin occurs, which helps get rid of stretch marks, wrinkles and improves skin condition. The vibratory actions that occur from the knee to the hip joint are helpful.
How to use leg and foot massagers
You can use leg and foot massagers at home or learn to do lymphatic drainage massage yourself. A hallmark of the procedure is the soft wave-like movements performed along the lymph to the lymph nodes. Massage is performed to prevent varicose veins, relieve fatigue in the legs and lose weight in the hip area (in combination with diet). The impact occurs on the soft tissues (their upper layers) to be cleaned. As a result, toxins are removed, the process of splitting subcutaneous fat is improved. Self-massage should be performed at least once in 7 days.