Greatcall Jitterbug Smart2 is an easy-to-use mobile phone that makes staying in touch with friends and family easier than ever before. With the speed dial buttons, you can call your family or dial any of your five favorite contacts with just a single touch.There’s also the option to send SMS messages so your Grandma doesn’t think you’re some weirdo that can’t send text messages. And best of all, it connects right to your favorite carshares for more convenient car-sharing.
Greatcall Jitterbug Smart2 Amazon
3 used from $89.00
- Large touchscreen makes it even easier to read. The 13.0 Megapixel built-in camera with flash has easy-to-use photo sharing.
- Simple menu organized in a single list with large letters and icons makes it easy to navigate. Our simplest smartphone ever!
- Easy-to-use smartphone with exclusive features that are only available on the GreatCall network. Activate with GreatCall by phone or on the GreatCall website.
What are some of the features of the GreatCall Jitterbug Smart2?
The GreatCall Jitterbug Smart2 is a flip phone that has a big color screen that’s easy to read. It’s perfect for seniors because it has big buttons that are easy to press. It’s also waterproof to 3.3 feet, so it won’t break if you drop it in the pool or the toilet.It allows you to make pagers hot codes, but I always worried about the strength of the call when I dropped the phone in the shower. I also worried because this thing is big and looks stupid sitting on top a big-size tablet. Because these fears are mostly unfounded, the Jitterbug and Jitterbug this year was awarded “Investment Achievers” by Consumer Reports. It has an 8.1 MHZ GSM 73 MHZ CDMA 1Ghz WCDMA 2G : 3G 3287. The Jitterbug was actually intended as a flip phone when they launched it in 2009 and was not marketed as an investment phone for seniors.
As an elderly person using the Jitterbug for the first time, keep these things in mind:
- The Jitterbug Smart2 has a simple, easy to use interface
- The Jitterbug Smart2 has a 2-inch screen and large icons that make it easy to read
- The Jitterbug Smart2 comes with an SOS button that allows you to call for help in case of an emergency 5. Managing your calls and texts is simple with the call log and contact list
- Use it as a primary phone when you’re hanging up or calling bank or non-emergency numbers. You will typically want to use it for these calls due to being 90% shorter than a normal call.
- Use it as a secondary phone when talking with your family or when calling a friend. Remember, it’s very easy for the recipient of the call to hang up on you before the call goes through if the call is not taken quickly enough.
- When you use the Jitterbug know that you will hang up on people before they can speak, so be careful with sensitive situations. If a person on the other end of the call starts undressing, don’t you think they would rethink the matter a little quicker?
What are its limitations?
The biggest limitation of the net promoter score is that it’s a one-dimensional assessment. There’s a lot more to a brand than just its reputation. You can’t only rely on the score to tell you how your brand is perceived in the market.If your brand is a B or C+ and someone else’s brand is an A, it’s very hard to kind of compare apples to apples with that kind of holistic data point. Everyone’s brand is unique, everyone has unique goals, and everyone has unique needs. This Jitterbug Smart2 is a great phone, but what’s really fun about it is that it not only compares favorably to $2,000 smartphones that the average senior may have, but it also has a few extra perks that a senior may find useful. Bill Lumbergh is the NSS Senior Vice President. Bill has over 20 years of experience in marketing, business development, and sales leadership in the lead generation and sales management arenas. Bill is also a recognized expert in the field of top-of-the-funnel marketing.
How to use Jitterbug Smart2?
1. Add contacts: Simply take a picture of the back of the contact’s phone and drag it to fill the middle space.
2. Move images: Just select the contact’s picture from the images you want to call.
3. Call your friends: Find the person you want to call on the picture you’ve uploaded and hit dial.
4. Send SMS messages: Go to the pictures you saved to send a message to your friend. Choose the person you want to send it to.
5. Call your family: Find the person you want to call on the picture you’ve uploaded and hit dial.
6. Set auto reply: This lets you control your smartphone’s auto response to incoming texts (i.e., where it will ring, and which person it will ring up to). This is especially helpful when talking to family members when you’re at the dinner table.
Is Greatcall Jitterbug Smart2 worth it？
Jitterbug Smart2 is a wearable for seniors. The company claims that it can help seniors stay connected to family and friends, monitor their health and fitness, and get emergency assistance if needed.
It is worth mentioning that Jitterbug Smart2 is a lot cheaper than typical smartwatches for seniors. However, the company has not made any statements about its battery life or if it will be able to function without cellular service..
One of the most important features to consider when choosing a smartwatch for seniors is medical alert and emergency medical services. GreatCall Jitterbug Smart2 works with AT&T’s HomeCare assistance program which means that if there is a medical emergency, first responders can easily contact seniors to help provide medical care. It also has some unique features that allow it to connect with medical equipment, medication reminders and alerts, and other healthcare devices such as hearing aids and blood glucose monitors.
- Secure technology to make seniors feel safe Emergency medical support
- Compatible with many AT&T handsets
- Hardware back cover scratches easily
- Some apps don’t work well on Jitterbug Mediocre