What you will learn
- Google health home is a smart speaker for all situations
- What do I need to use Google health home?
- What are the technical requirements for using Google health home?
- What do the lights on Google health home mean?
- Can I change the activation word “Ok Google”?
- Does Google health home always have to be smart health connected to the internet?
- Why does Google health home understand me poorly or not at all?
- Help Google health home speaks English! How do I change the language to German?
- Reset: How to reset Google health home
- More guides for Google health home
Google health home is a smart speaker for all situations
In everyday life we have to have a thousand things in mind at the same time: shopping lists, appointments, birthdays and much more. It’s good that there are smart speakers like Google health home that take care of many annoying tasks on demand or even do them automatically.
What do I need to use Google health home?
Using Google health home requires the following:
- A Google health home device
- The current version of the Google health home app ( Android / iOS)
- A smartphone or tablet
- Access to a WLAN network
What are the technical requirements for using Google health home?
Google health home supports the Android (Google) and iOS (Apple) operating systems. It cannot be set up using a computer. The OTA (Over the Air) system ensures that Google health home is automatically updated to the latest software version. Users therefore need one of these two operating systems:
- Android 4.4 or higher
- iOS 9.1 or higher
What do the lights on Google health home mean?
There are four points of light on the top of Google health home. Their lighting up signals the next steps.
Significance of Google health home lighting:
- The lights turn clockwise and pulsate multicolored: Google health home has understood “OK Google” or “Hey Google” and is waiting for voice commands
- The lights pulsate in multiple colors: Google health home reacts.
- The lights rotate clockwise. Google health home processes a voice command.
- All lights are orange: the microphone is muted. Google health home doesn’t listen or respond to commands.
Can I change the activation word “Ok Google”?
In contrast to the Amazon Echo speakers, for which there are four different activation words to choose from, Google health home has only two as standard. You cannot add your own activation words, but you can add an individual name to the health home app for each Google health home. To do this, follow the step-by-step instructions in our How-to Rename Google health home.
Does Google health home always have to be smart health connected to the internet?
Google health home can be used as a loudspeaker without an internet connection. Music stored on the smartphone or tablet can be played via a Bluetooth connection. An internet connection is required to set up Google health home. Google health home does not support WPA2 enterprise networks. The compatible tablet or smartphone must support 5 gigahertz WLAN connections. This is what the smart speaker needs for the initial setup.
Why does Google health home understand me poorly or not at all?
If the smart speaker is not listening properly, one of the following could be the cause:
Reasons for inactive Google health home:
- Google health home and your own smartphone or tablet are not on the same WiFi network.
- Your own Google account is not linked to the desired Google health home speaker, but a different one.
- The language of the Google Assistant is not set to German.
Help Google health home speaks English! How do I change the language to German?
If your Google health home only speaks English, it is likely an American model that has yet to be converted. That’s how it works:
Change Google health home language to German:
- Open the Google health home app and tap the menu symbol in the top left.
- Check whether your own Google account is linked to the speaker. If not, click on the triangle symbol next to the account name and change the account.
- Under “Additional settings”, first tap “Devices” and then “Assistant language”. Another language can be selected there.
Reset: How to reset Google health home
Sometimes malfunctions are so massive that all that remains is a reset. With all Google health home speakers, this has so far only been possible directly on the device and not by voice command or app. But be careful: If you decide to reset your Google health home or Google health home Mini, you will delete all personal data and then have to re-enter it.
Reset Google health home: To do this, simply press the microphone button on the back for about 15 seconds until the Google Assistant confirms the reset.
Reset the Google health home Mini: The reset button is located on the underside of the loudspeaker under the charging cable. It is indicated by an engraved circle. If this is pressed, the Google Assistant confirms the successful reset.
Further information on all technical problems with Google health home, Google Assistant or the associated accounts is available from Google health home support page of the manufacturer.
More guides for Google health home
Play Spotify with Google health home
Google Actions: German skills directory for the Google Assistant
“Ok Google”: These are the most important Google health home voice commands
More information and trends on the smart health home
AB SMART HEALTH health home & BUILDING REVIEW