Getting in shape has never been easier. Sports club memberships are (for the most part) affordable, restaurants focus more on healthy meals, and companies reward their employees for getting in shape. They encouraged a healthy lifestyle. You don’t always have time to eat well or hit the gym, so you need to find something that will help you when you don’t have the time or self-control. Just for you, we’ve found the best elliptical machines to help you get fit, healthy, and happy.
These also come at the right time. We all know how difficult it is to resist temptation and maintain a healthy diet this holiday season. You are just one man and you cannot expect to take a step towards 2019 without a slight slippage of your willpower. What you can do, however, is get a head start on crushing your New Year’s goals by investing in an elliptical machine to ease the shame of eating that fifth Christmas pretzel.
What you will learn
12 Best Elliptical Machines
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-E905 Elliptical Machine Cross Trainer
2 used from $164.68
- RESISTANCE: Easily adjust the intensity of your workout with the twist of the precise micro-controller equipped with 8 levels of magnetic resistance.
- DIGITAL MONITOR WITH PULSE: Follow along with your workout progress on the digital monitor that displays your time, speed, distance, calories, and pulse.
- ANTI-SLIP HANDLEBARS AND FOOT PADS: Complete a safe and stable workout thanks to the anti-slip handlebars and footpads.
Schwinn 430 Elliptical Machine
1 used from $1,398.76
- Goal Track capability enables users to set individual exercise goals
- 22 preset workout programs: 9 profile, 8 heart rate control, 2 fitness test, 1 quick start
- High speed, high inertia drive system for easy start-up and smooth, quiet workouts
- Dual Track 2 LCD screen displays offer increased visibility to programs and goal tracking
- 20 levels of resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options
2-in-1 Elliptical Dual Cross Trainer Machine Fan Bike
Do you want to have a healthy body and a perfect figure? The elliptical fan bike can use to exercise, lose weight, build muscle, shape and increase endurance. The 2-in-1 exercise machine has functions of a dynamic bike and a stepper. It is the perfect complement to your home gym. The most...
Body Rider Elliptical Trainer and Exercise Bike with Seat and Easy Computer
2 used from $143.63
- 2-IN-1 TRAINER: Dual exercise modes save space in your home gym while maximizing routine. Full body seated fitness.
- HASSLE-FREE TRANSITIONS: Easily stand or sit and adjust resistance to customize your cardio HIIT workout session.
- EXERCISE IN COMFORT: Adjustable foam stationary seat (7 height settings). Full body handlebars (3 height options).
- SAFETY FEATURES: Adjustable cushion. 4 integrated handlebars. Covered fan flywheel for protection sweat resist.
pooboo Elliptical Trainer Magnetic Elliptical Machines for Home Useback to menu ↑
ANCHEER Elliptical Machine for Home Use, Magnetic Training Machine
- ★【8-Level magnetic resistance】:8 Levels adjustable resistance can meet all the needs of you and your family in different training stages.Just challenge the highest level of this Elliptical Machine!
- ★【Enhanced 13 Inch Big Non-slip Pedal】: 13 inch reverse-motion and non-slip pedal provides a no impact, smooth flowing workout, increase stability and comfort. Large pedals with ridges prevent foot slippage, support a maximum of 350lbs.
Afully Elliptical Machine Eliptical Trainer with 8 Levels Magnetic Resistance
Portable Resistance Adjustable Mini Magnetic Elliptical Stepper Machine
This stepper makes it easy and convenient to do some useful exercise and burn those extra calories while watching television, reading a book or working on your computer. Designed with two large, non-slip textured pedals to secure your feet. The pedal motion track is elliptical, which simulates...
NordicTrack Spacesaver SE7i Elliptical Trainers
- 30-Day iFIT Membership Included; Stream live & on-demand workouts on your equipment with Global Workouts & Studio Classes; Elite trainers adjust your equipment ($15 value)
- 5-inch Backlit Display; Easily view and track important workout metrics as you train in the comfort of your home; AutoBreeze Workout Fan keeps you cool and comfortable through low-impact exercise
- 22 Digital Resistance Levels; With iFIT, your trainer auto-adjusts your elliptical; Adjustable Power Ramp allows you to train at an incline; Adjustable stride is perfect for multiple users
Body Rider Body Flex Sports Elliptical Exercise Machine
1 used from $125.29
- DUAL-ACTION HANDLEBARS: The alternating handlebars keep your arms engaged while your legs propel you. This means our machine can provide a killer upper- and lower-body workout. You can expect incredible results all over
- VIDEO WORKOUT INCLUDED: Nervous about getting started or worried about working out without a personal trainer? Have no fear. We have provided an instructional workout video with your purchase. This will help you begin and stick with your fitness journey
Doufit Elliptical Machine for Home Use, Eliptical Exercise Machine for Indoor Fitness Gym Workout
- 【Smooth Workout】The high-quality flywheel provides a smooth and quiet workout. Doufit elliptical machine is great to exercise your arms, legs, calves, hip, abdominal muscle and waist, but is safe for the knees. It is a advisable option for home workout.
- 【Digital Monitor And Pulse Sensor】The sensitive digital monitor and the pulse sensors can track and scan your sport data including calories, time, speed, virtual distance, total mileage and heart rate during exercise, which makes your exercise more reasonable and effective.
Household Gym Exercise Magnetic Elliptical Fitness Machine Trainer
This magnetic elliptical fitness machine trainer is designed to satisfy your workout needs at home, in the office, or in your gym. Made of high-quality ABS plastic material and iron pipes, this elliptical training machine is highly durable. It boasts a strong weight capacity of up to 220lbs. With...
Best Elliptical Machine Buying Guide & FAQs
An elliptical trainer is great fitness equipment, but there is a lot to think about before you invest. We have highlighted some of the characteristics that go into making a great machine below.
Voltage and resistance levels – The more resistance levels available, the more you will be able to gradually challenge your workouts, pushing yourself even further as your fitness improves. It’s always motivating and more fun to gain momentum with your exercise, that way you avoid both peaking and getting bored.
When it comes to resistance types, most elliptical machines come with either a fan wheel or a magnetic system. The fan wheels provide a smooth ride and may vary in size depending on the overall footprint of the machine. Magnetic resistance machines work quietly and provide a constant, natural feeling of movement.
On-board computers – Most machines are equipped with a digital computer, even if it is a rudimentary computer. Some have large, sophisticated rear LCD screens, while others only have a small dial with basic digital information. Ideally, any screen should be easy to read, and the backlight should be an advantage. Also, think about what information you would like to have easily accessible. The best elliptical machines should provide a range of data including distance, time, speed while the higher end machines on the market could also track pulse and heart rate.
Pre-programmed workouts – If your elliptical exerciser has a computer, chances are it also has selectable programs with options focused on weight loss, cardio workouts, interval training, etc. Some machines can have up to 30 different programs that can help minimize monotony, keeping your workouts stimulating, fresh, and fun.
Tilt adjustment – As with resistance levels, many ellipticals offer the ability to change the degree of incline, which will add more variety to your workout by targeting different muscle groups more effectively. The more varied the portions you can choose, the more stimulating and interesting your experience will be.
Step length – The length of the step varies from one machine to another and it is this element which will determine the total space that your machine is likely to take. If you are on the larger side and have a lot of space, you may prefer a 20 inch stride that will allow you to mimic your natural walking pace. If you are very limited on space, you can get more compact bases with 11-inch stride lengths.
Other considerations – Other features worth considering include ease of transport and portability as well as ease of assembly. Does your machine have transport wheels? Does it have a fan? Is there a speaker with inputs or a USB port for charging and data transfer? There are a lot of advanced and useful features that today’s best elliptical trainers offer.
Elliptical machines FAQ’s
What are the advantages of ellipticals?
Elliptical trainers mimic the movement and use of muscles like those used in cross-country skiing and can provide an extremely effective full body workout in a safe, low-impact manner. You get a cardiovascular workout while engaging all major muscle groups for an overall toning and fortifying effect. As your legs move away, you activate your glutes and hamstrings, calves and quads. Pull in your arms by grasping the vertical handles and you begin to engage your entire upper body, especially working the pecs and shoulders, back and arms. Your core is needed to keep your body stabilized, so you are now getting a full workout. Whether your primary goal is to lose weight, tone, get in shape, or just have fun, all of these goals can be achieved using an elliptical machine.
How to maintain your elliptical machine?
The best elliptical machines will have a lot of moving parts, which is why regular maintenance is essential to keep them running smoothly. We recommend that you lubricate every now and then, especially if you hear squeaking or feel that the movement is not as smooth as usual. Before purchasing an elliptical machine, be sure to check the warranty in case anything goes wrong in the future.
You will likely sweat a lot using an elliptical machine, so it is recommended that you wipe down your machine after each workout. Sweat can corrode parts over time, and that’s not pleasant! So keep a damp cloth handy and wipe down your machine after you are done using it.