What is the best cooling towel?
Chances are, if you are a dedicated runner you already know what a cooling towel is and probably never leave the house for a long summer run without a towel. For others, who prefer to work out on the sofa at home, you will no doubt have seen your favorite tennis player or golfer casually wrapped around their necks in an attempt to keep them from getting too hot under the collar! In more than one way, we could add. The competitive spirit and the high temperatures make this an explosive combination. There is little that a cooling towel can do to defuse a tense and tense situation. Cool off a bit, but it’s definitely possible! Whether you’re a seasonal outdoor worker or an outdoor athlete, take a look at some of the best cooling towels available today.
Top 10 Best Cooling Towels
Ergodyne Chill-Its 6602 Evaporative Cooling Towel – Blue – Packback to menu ↑
The Gym Bib – Dark Grey Gym Towel
- CONVENIENT CLEANING - The Gym Bib is a premium one-piece, quick-drying personal towel that hangs comfortably and securely around your neck during workouts. Stop leaving your towel on dirty equipment and floors! The Gym Bib is safer and more sanitary than other towels for sweat.
- SAFE & SECURE - The Gym Bib is designed to stay secure and comfortable around your neck. It's also the perfect length to tuck into your shirt or under your sports bra strap. No more losing track of your towel only to find it sitting on a dirty gym bench or floor! This soft, breathable luxury towel promotes healthier skin and stops you from rubbing gross dirt and bacteria against your face.
OK-1 by Occunomix 931-BLUE Cooling Towel
5 PCS Cooling Towel Cool Scarf Neck Wrap Cooling Scarf
- ❤️【INSTANT COOLING】Cooling scarf inlaid with crystalline polymer material. As long as the water is fully absorbed, the temperature of the human body will be reduced due to the evaporation of water, so as to achieve the effect of physical cooling.
- ❤️【SIZE AND PACKAGING】The cool bib scarf is 39.4 inches long and 2 inches wide. There are 5 pieces in the package. This perfect size is easy to carry and store.
YQXCC 4 Pack Cooling Towel
- 💧INSTANT COOLING, REUSABLE - The cooling towel is made of hyper-evaporate breathable mesh material. The unique cooling system uses moisture from the towel to draw the sweat away from your skin to keep you cool. Everyone can use the cooling towel, even pets.
Chill Pal PVA Cooling Towel
- New Packaging, Same Product - The manufacturer has updated from a tube package design to a pouch packaging design. The product is the exact same with an updated 2021 logo.
- Easy Breezy – There are no complicated instructions here. Simply remove the Chill Pal, soak it in cold...
Starmist Cooling Towel
Microfiber Cooling Towel
*Function Introduction This cooling towel adopts core technology with the special feature of sweat-absorbent, circulation, evaporation. It can provide with an instant cooling relief as long as fabric is socked with water(in any temperature), . It is anti-bacterial, anti-mite, anti-UV,...
Frogg Toggs The Original Chilly Pad Cooling Towel
Provides hours of cooling reliefActivates quickly and cools up to 30 degreesReinforced with a tough athletic mesh for years of useUPF50+ UV Protection33 x 13 - InchesThe frogg toggs Chilly Pad, Chilly Dana and Chilly Sport, are all constructed of a durable and organic "man made sponge" called...
Waloo Cooling Towel for Instant Cooling Relief
Waloo Cooling Towel for Instant Cooling Relief (1- or 2-Pack) Stays chilled for up to 3 hours Designed to reduce body temperature Simply soak the towel, wring out, and snap it three times in the air Soft, lightweight, and foldable construction Material: mesh Machine washable Product dimensions:...
What you will learn
Cooling Towel Buying Guide & FAQs
What should you consider when buying a cooling towel?
Here are some things we recommend that you take into consideration before purchasing your next (or first) cooling towel.
- Device weight
In particular, the material from which they are made is important, as it must be able to evaporate effectively over time and retain a large amount of moisture. Ideally, you also don’t want something that has been chemically treated, so look for a breathable special mesh. You also want your towel to be made of a soft material so that it feels comfortable to wrap around you and doesn’t get stiff when it dries. The size and weight is up to you, depending on when and where you intend to use it. They can come in a range of sizes from a small bandana size up to a larger, more traditional towel size that can be draped around the body. Do your research and decide what you want first.
Refreshing towel faq
What is a cooling towel?
A cooling towel is pretty much as the name suggests. Think of it more like a cold compress, rather than a jam-packed bath towel. It’s designed to keep you cool when the temperature soars and is best used around the neck for instant, temporary relief. You will no doubt have seen sports stars and athletes with their wet cooling towels, all surrounded by a relaxed drape. You know, between a set of tennis for example, or just when they’ve completed the last hole in a round of golf.
While with a normal towel you can wipe away the sweat from all of that physical exertion, a cooling towel can be moistened to provide more targeted and effective relief. You may also have heard them called “pressure towels”. This is because the action of activating your cooling towel is to moisten it with water, wring it out, and then vigorously “snap” it in the air to activate it. Rather than drying yourself off, a cooling towel will help lower your temperature. Great if you’ve just run a grueling marathon under the scorching midday sun! A cooling towel is also reusable, will most likely be machine washable, and should be able to cool the skin for hours while it is still wet. If it is dried out, it is enough to revive it by moistening it.
When do you need a cooling towel?
When the going gets tough, but you still have to move forward! This is where you’ll be glad you packed your cooling towel. If you’ve been sweating and need instant relief from the situation, then a cooling towel is a little more socially acceptable than throwing a bucket of water over your head! When the weather warms up, if you are working or exercising outside, you will be immediately relieved by the instant refreshment of a cooling towel. They are also very practical to take with the workout after the gym or for a beach vacation. They are also regularly used by first responders who may need to act quickly to lower a person’s core temperature a notch.
Do Cooling Towels Really Work?
Yes it works ! Otherwise, we wouldn’t have written a guide to recommend the best. Do you really need it? Well, it’s up to you. If you are one of those “all equipment, no idea type” then you will want one in your gym kit arsenal. Just because ! If you work out or do regular endurance exercises where you sweat regularly, then you will fully benefit from the cooling effects of an instant cooling towel. Quite possible, but not with so much functionality, finesse or versatility. So yes, a cooling towel is an ingenious and nifty little invention to help you cool off quickly. But it doesn’t work in hot weather!
How long does the towel stay cold?
The answer to this question depends on the material from which your cooling towels is made. Some of the most popular brands on the market are made from a blend of proprietary fibers, so we can’t even know for sure what they’re made of! Sorry! However, as a general rule of thumb, as long as you can keep the towel damp, it should help keep it cool as well. As long as you take care of your cooling towel properly, it should literally last you for years to come.
How to wash a cooling towel?
You should be able to put your towel in the washing machine just like you would any workout towel or general hand towel.