What you will learn
- Conclusion on the Arlo Pro 3 surveillance camera in the Review check
- Arlo Pro 3 design and accessories for the WLAN camera
- Arlo Pro 3 surveillance camera – special features and functions
- What is compatible with the Arlo Pro 3 surveillance camera?
- Arlo Pro 3 surveillance camera – important tests and ratings
- Price and availability of the Arlo Pro 3 surveillance camera
- Ring Stick Up Cam Battery as an alternative to Arlo Pro 3
- Arlo Pro 3 surveillance camera – technical details at a glance
Conclusion on the Arlo Pro 3 surveillance camera in the Review check
With the surveillance camera Arlo Pro 3, the manufacturer, now emancipated from Netgear, closes the gap between the already proven models Arlo Pro 2 and Arlo Ultra. Specifically, this means that users can expect a solid interim solution that delivers more than the previous model, but less than Arlo Ultra. In detail, this is noticeable, for example, in the camera resolution and the offered field of view. For example, Arlo Pro 2 offers a resolution of 1080p, Arlo Pro 3 2k and Arlo Ultra 4k.
We recommend the Arlo Pro 3 surveillance camera especially for people who place a high value on high security. Because Arlo Pro 3 is not just a camera, but a complete alarm system with integrated LED floodlight, integrated siren, zoom function and delivers color pictures even at night. In the case of Arlo Pro 3, however, the high level of security also has its price, which is somewhat expensive at over 500 euros. (As of: 04/2020)
|Advantages of the Arlo Pro 3 security camera||Disadvantages of the Arlo Pro 3 security camera|
|Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant, HomeKit capable||High priced|
|Colored night vision mode||Only with a full range of cloud subscriptions|
|Integrated alarm function and headlights|
|Storage also possible locally|
|Good 2k camera resolution|
Arlo Pro 3 design and accessories for the WLAN camera
The Arlo Pro 3 WLAN camera has a simple design and is small with the dimensions 8.9 x 5.2 x 7.8 cm and can be placed inconspicuously. The manufacturer offers a white or black variant. The set with two Arlo Pro 3 cameras also includes two rechargeable batteries, a magnetic charging cable, assembly utensils, network cable, power supply, quick guide and an Arlo SmartHub. This serves as an intelligent control center and networks several Arlo surveillance cameras.
Arlo Pro 3 surveillance camera – special features and functions
With Arlo Pro 3, users not only get a surveillance camera, but also a practical security system for the smart health home. Because the camera is also equipped with an integrated alarm and a small headlight. Via the Arlo app (Adroid |iOS) residents receive messages about registered movements, but can also speak directly to friends who are, for example, on the doorstep, receive live videos and do so with a wide field of view of 160 degrees. Arlo Pro 3 is also suitable for indoor use, for example to keep an eye on the safe sleep of the baby.
The functions are essentially the same with the slightly more expensive Arlo Ultra model. However, there are differences. B. in terms of storage: for the Arlo Pro there is no possibility to save the data free of charge for a week – a backup is necessary for a backup, but then over 30 days.
Important: Residents should bear in mind when using a surveillance camera that permanent filming is only permitted on private premises. Images of public space violate the personal rights of, for example, passers-by who use an adjacent walkway.
- Smart health home compatible: The Arlo Pro 3 camera can be conveniently integrated into a smart health home system and supports Alexa and Google Assistant as well as a HomeKit integration.
- Powerful battery: A powerful battery is an advantage for non-wired solutions. Then users do not have to worry that the camera is empty after only a short operation and the battery has to be replaced or charged. With 4800 mAh, the Arlo Pro 3 battery is almost twice as strong as that of the previous model.
- Colored night shots: Thanks to infrared, pictures at night are made clear in typical black and white. Since the Arlo Pro 3 security camera has an integrated LED floodlight, it optionally even provides colored night shots. This can be useful to not only deter burglars, but also to identify them better.
What is compatible with the Arlo Pro 3 surveillance camera?
The Arlo Pro 3 surveillance camera can be integrated into Apple HomeKit and is compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant. This allows users to receive the pictures and notifications via Apple Watch or to react to pictures via Google health home Hub and Echo Show and to address intruders and visitors via 2-way audio.
Arlo Pro 3 surveillance camera – important tests and ratings
In tests, Arlo Pro 3 particularly impresses with its wide range of functions. The price is often classified as too high.
- After their Arlo Pro 3 Review, the editors of smart-health home.one enthusiastic about the surveillance camera. Compared to the previous model, the testers noticed significant improvements. The experts rated the price of the security camera as high, but considering the quality also in terms of support and warranties as fair. (As of: 01/2020)
- In the Arlo Pro 3 Review by android-user.com the integration into the WLAN, using the app and operating the camera worked without any problems. (As of: 01/2020)
- In the Review of the editors of faz.net convinced Arlo Pro 3 with a good picture quality and liked the zoom function. In addition, the wide angle covered all important areas well. However, cloud storage and the associated monthly costs were criticized. (As of: 12/2019)
Price and availability of the Arlo Pro 3 surveillance camera
The Arlo Pro 3 security camera is available in either white or black color. Users can choose between different sets. The number of surveillance cameras varies between 2 and 4 cameras, which are included in the package. Interested parties should bear in mind that cloud storage incurs costs for an Arlo Smart subscription. The first three months are free of charge, after that owners of this security set have to pay EUR 2.97 per camera for the Premiere subscription, up to 5 cameras EUR 8.99 per month. Alternatively, storage on local media is possible without a subscription. However, this option does not include any extra functions, such as person recognition.
Ring Stick Up Cam Battery as an alternative to Arlo Pro 3
If you want to or can spend less money, we recommend the Ring Stick Up Cam Battery surveillance camera. Like the Arlo Pro 3, the latter offers 2-way communication and can be used without a socket. However, this alternative lacks the integrated alarm system and an integrated spotlight.
Arlo Pro 3 surveillance camera – technical details at a glance
- Dimensions: 8.9 x 5.2 x 7.8 cm
- Weight: 316 grams
- ehealth resolution (max.): 2560 x 1440
- zoom: yes, 12 x
- ehealth modes: 2k, 1080p, 720p
- Field of view of the lens: 160 degrees, diagonal
- Motion detection: yes, 130 degrees, horizontal
- Night vision: yes, infrared LEDs, with spotlight colored pictures
- Microphones: yes, 2-way audio
- Battery life: 3-6 months
- Loading time: about 3 hours
- Radio link: WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS
- Stroke: yes, requirement
- Storage: Cloud, subscription required for full functionality or storage on local media
AB SMART HEALTH health home & BUILDING REVIEW