Apple Watch 6 review,new features, price, Review, features and release date.
What you will learn
- Apple Watch 6 even more smart health connected health and activity
Apple Watch 6 even more smart health connected health and activity
This new school year is marked by a plethora of new smart health connected watches that are increasingly health-oriented. With the Apple Keynote of September 15, 2020, the Apple company has just formalized its new Apple Watch series 6 alongside a more economical model the Apple Watch SE ($ 299).
The main novelty is theadded pulse oximeter sensor (SpO2) associated with sleep tracking and additional sports tracking. In addition, it benefits from the launch of innovations brought by WatchOS 7.
Detailed review of expected changes that will be updated with official launch.
Design Apple Watch Series 6
Little change in the rectangular look of the new Apple Watch, it retains its rectangular case and its simple crown. Intuitive navigation is mainly done with the touch screen.
The new series is offered with a new bracelet without clasp for maximum comfort. In addition, a version made from recyclable fabrics and all the other bracelets, including the very beautiful ones in single or double wrapped leather (Hermès spirit).
For the colors, a little originality with a steel, aluminum or titanium case with 3 colors: red, blue or black.
Small unconfirmed change during the keynote, the screen no longer stays on permanently in order to significantly reduce energy consumption. It is enough to turn the wrist while looking at the watch to activate it.
- Retina OLED display with a resolution of 368 x 448 pixels, the brightness adapts thanks to the ambient light sensor.
- Case in 2 sizes: 40 mm and 44 mm available in LTE version or not
- Case of your choice in steel, aluminum or even titanium
- Water resistant to 5 ATM (allows you to swim with it, and obtain the water temperature)
Face customization and exchange (face sharing)
You can use the built-in watch faces and download more from the Apple Store. Better, you personalize the faces with your emojis, the colors and the complications of your choice.
It is even more smart health connected, it is now possible tosend or receive a face by message, email or social media link.
To simplify the creation of faces even more, Apple has made certain “Face” dedicated to activities. Thus, specific faces are proposed for surfers, photographers or the health monitoring.
To change or share a face, just long press on the screen and press “Edit”. If the screen you want to adopt uses apps that you don’t yet have, the screen displays them and offers to add them.
Specifications Apple Watch 6
- New S6 chip with WatchOS 7
- GPS integrated
- Pulse oximeter and heart rate sensor
- Barometric altimeter, accelerometer and gyroscope
- Wifi and Bluetooth 5.1
- Receive and send SMS from the screen, notification
- Control the music (and even identify a song you hear)
- Contactless payment with Apple Pay
- Find your iPhone or unlock your MacBook
- Improved health monitoring
- Activity and sports
- Sleep tracking
- Stress management
Access to the best apps for Apple Watch 6
- Maps (new version)
- Fitness (replaces Activity)
- Siri (now integrates translation and a function similar to Shazam)
- PCalc (an advanced calculator)
- Pacemaker is a very basic DJ app that automatically creates music mixes from your iPhone and then lets you add effects via four preset options on your watch.
- Strava allows you to start an activity from your wrist, such as a run or walk outside or a run inside. It will then suggest the time, splits, distance and heart rate on your wrist during the workout. All data is transferred to the iPhone app after training for you to see more details.
- One Drop is a great app for people with diabetes. It lets you record glucose, medications, diet, and activity right from your wrist, as well as view progress on daily goals and glucose levels within range. You can also schedule medication reminders and automatic carbohydrate counting is also available.
Integrated Siri voice assistant
Apple Watch 6 can voice translate a sentence in 10 different languages. Shake your wrist and say a phrase to translate, for example: “How do you say where is the station in Japanese?” “
It is also possible to use “ Dictation”Directly by speaking to your wrist.
You can create and activate your own shortcuts, then trigger them with a simple voice command . Personally, I often use an “go to bed” command. This order indicates that you must turn off the television, the lights on the ground floor and activate the surveillance cameras. To take advantage of these smart health connected health home functions, I recommend our article on Siri and Apple HomeKit compatible objects.
Activity Tracking and More Sports: Apple Fitness +
- GPS coupled with the Maps app.
- Voice commands.
- Apple Fitness Plus:training videosspecially designed to be viewed on your iPhone or Apple TV (yoga, cycling, hiit, rowing machine, dancing, etc.).
Basic, you can follow many sports activities like on the series (,
- Split (HIIT).
This strong point is further improved on the Apple Watch 6, with the addition of 4 new sports tracking:
- Dance (hip-hop, Latin, Bollywood, or any cardio dance)
- Functional strengthening,
- Recovery sessions after training.
For the practice of walking, running and also cycling, the association with the Maps application is also improved . For a cycle route, the map displays the height differences, cycle paths and busy roads. On foot, it even allows you to take into account shortcuts via stairs. For fun, Plan suggests places to rest, such as a cafe, restaurant or bike shop.
Health monitoring: detection of Covid, heart risks and asthma
- Sensor ECG (electrocardiogram)
- Sensor cardiac frequency
- Addition of SpO2(oxygen level in the blood
- International emergency call
- Fall detection .
- Menstrual cycle
- Relaxationwith guided breathing
By mixing SpO2 data and your heart rate, a new feature helps preserve your “sanity”. It detects possible panic attacks or high levels of stress. To calm you down, she offers guided breathing exercises.
Apple Watch 6 keeps your hands clean
This is an original feature. The watch detects when you wash your hands. Automatically, it can trigger a 20 second timer . This is the recommended time for effective washing. In addition, with its geolocation system, when you return health home, it invites you to go wash your hands. Obviously, when you follow the instructions and stick to the time, she congratulates you.
The new sleep app allows you to set a bedtime schedule and ritual that will help you improve the quality of your nights. When you go to bed, Apple Watch 6 automatically triggers the do not disturb modewhich prevents the screen from turning on and disturbing your rest.
By keeping the watch on your wrist while you sleep, the watch analyzes your sleep. When you wake up, you discover your different phases of sleep, as well as your sleep time with a weekly average . She also adds apps to make it easier to fall asleep, such as meditation exercises or gradually dimming the light.
She adds some thoughtful little details. Thus, if the level of the watch is charged less than 30% when you go to bed, a notification advises you to charge it. Likewise, if you get up before the scheduled alarm time, the watch will display a notification to suppress it and avoid ringing unnecessarily.
Also, the management of menstrual cycles.
The watch that “watches” your children: Family
303.8 mAh lithium-ion batteryrechargeable for slightly improved use from 18 to 24 hours.
Apple Watch 6 price and release date
The Cupertino company has never had as a strategy the price reduction when launching a new product. With the addition of the SpO2 sensor, the price starts from $399 in 40 mm and $ 429 in 44 mm. We go to $849 with the titanium case.
The Fitness Plus service will be available by the end of the year for $9.99 / month in the United States (3 months free with the purchase of an Apple Watch 6).
Apple Watch 6 review
AB SMART HEALTH REVIEW