Comparative 360 degree toothbrush or U or even Y should you use these electric toothbrushes.
What you will learn
- 360 degree electric toothbrush comparison: the wrong idea
- 360 degree toothbrush comparison: models
- Y-Brush: the Frenchwoman with bristles instead of the traditional pimples
- LewisCare for whiter teeth
- Chinese models: Sonic Brush or Allbestaye
- Clean T
- Talo Brush: the craziest product
- Amabrush: the Austrian silicone version
- Emmi-dent or Emmi-dental professional: ultrasound without brushing
- 360 degree toothbrush review
360 degree electric toothbrush comparison: the wrong idea
For some time now we have seen the offers of this new form of toothbrush flourish. The promise is simple clean all your teeth at the same time in about ten seconds. The explanation (or proof in marketing) is very logical and appealing.
Indeed, if you brush your teeth during 2 minutes recommended with a classic toothbrush, each surface is brushed for 2.50 seconds. Indeed, as we have 32 teeth and each tooth has three surfaces, on average a conventional toothbrush will clean 2 surfaces at the same time. So, we get a cleaning time of each tooth surface = (120 / (32 × 3)) x2 = (120/96) x2 = 2.50 seconds.
The 360 ° electric toothbrush will therefore pass for 10 seconds simultaneously on all the teeth. That is to say, clean 4 times more each side in 12 times less time!
So if the concept is original, the performance is not really there.
The functionalities of a U or 360 toothbrush
- wash all your teeth together and very quickly (10 seconds)
- Massage the gums slowly
- Whiten teeth. This function is possible using unot whitening product combined with the Integrated blue light LED. So you can earn from 1 to 6 shades of white in 10 days while brushing your teeth.
Design and conception
The 360 toothbrush is made up of:
- On a base including a small vibrating motor which is taken in the hand.
- A charging cradle or simply a power cable.
- And finally, a silicone tip composed of pins or more or less flexible bristles.
360 degree toothbrush comparison: models
Ranking is based on overall performance, user reviews and price. An Oral B Vitality electric toothbrush today costs one twenty euros. Personally, after a Philips SoniCare at 109 €, then a no name model at 20 €, I finally found an efficient model with theOClean X Pro.
So for me, if this tempts you, you might find it reasonable to try a U or 360 ° model by spending a maximum of 40 euros.
Y-Brush: the Frenchwoman with bristles instead of the traditional pimples
- Reviews: 3/5
- Price € 129. Its official availability is announced for January 2022, but pre-orders are already open on the Y Brush site (I think it’s wise to wait).
The particularity of this model is to offer a completely flexible tip to adapt to the jaw and to be equipped with 200 semi-rigid bristles instead of small silicone pins. Thanks to this choice, the spaces between the teeth are treated a little better than on the silicone models.
Current reviews are mostly positive with gentle brushing like Phillips electric toothbrushes. Another advantage, it is available in 2 sizes (M and S).
On the other hand, the brush does not make up and down at the same time… It will therefore be necessary to clean the top, then the bottom. Finally, its price puts it in direct competition with the Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 6100.
LewisCare for whiter teeth
- Reviews: 2/5
- Price from 49 € (with toothpaste and whitening pen).
A version that promises to whiten your teeth and adds a blue light, just like in smile bars. It vibrates more than the others and cleans the surface, but through the interstices. A possible option therefore if you use whitening toothpastes (avoid charcoal in it).
Chinese models: Sonic Brush or Allbestaye
Very designer, it has a high fashion side with its relief pattern. The charging base is also a good idea. But, it has a small size that keeps the toothpaste in the chute. The vibrations are quite low, the worst of all, but also the cheapest.
- Reviews: 0/5
- Price 179 € (official price with promotions at 50% we are always at 90 €),
The company says it invented the revolutionary concept of the modern toothbrush. In fact, they copied the existing products by multiplying the price by 8. It is mainly found in advertisements on Facebook.
Talo Brush: the craziest product
I thought we had made the rounds of unnecessary innovations. Well no, a crowdfunding project offers us the Talos brush. I believe that the animation goes without any comment on the total ineffectiveness of this kind of brushing.
Amabrush: the Austrian silicone version
- Reviews: 0/5
- Amabrush Basic introductory price 79 € (now fortunately unavailable).
Certainly the one who made the most of her during her crowdfunding campaign. It will have taken 2 years before delivering a few clients (I never received mine, like thousands of buyers on the Indiegogo campaign which raised more than $ 4.5 million). For me, a brand to shy away from both in terms of commercial practice and product quality. Good news, I no longer see it available for sale and I cannot find a contact on the net. It was sold three times the price of Chinese models in all similar points.
Emmi-dent or Emmi-dental professional: ultrasound without brushing
- Reviews: -2/5
- Sale price at € 121
Here it is not a 360 ° toothbrush, but an exclusive ultrasonic version. It promises the miracle of dental hygiene without brushing. It has the advantage of being totally silent and making people dream. Unfortunately, the opinions, confirmed by the analysis of “What to choose” in April 2022 show the ineffectiveness of this model. Conclusion also to be avoided, especially at this price.
AB SMART HEALTH REVIEW